At the end of the campaign «We share the inheritance received», the Founding Patrimony team organized a workshop with the aim of sharing with everyone the history of the foundation of Verbum Dei and the person of its founder, Jaime Bonet and with the desire to root one’s own personal vocation to be Verbum Dei on firm foundations and from there, that each person can keep and transmit the VD charism.
The workshop was held in Verbum Dei Missionary Center, Loeches, Madrid with presencial and on-line participants from August 2 to 6, 2021.
It was carried through with topics, dynamics, group work, moments of prayer and personal reflection, liturgies, and ludic moments.
Here’s the program that was followed and that you can also find in this link: (all the talks were in Spanish)
• Introduction: Motivations to delve into our history «We transmit to you what we have received»;
• Jaime Bonet, founder of the VD;
• Social, political and religious context of the VD and JB;
• Foundation of the VD in the Church;
• Essential elements of the founding charism;
• Gestation of some essential elements of the VD charism: sources of spirituality, method of prayer, preaching style, Life and Love theme set, four exercises, school of apostles;
• Jaime and the VD Family;
• Updating our charism today;
• Shared mission of safeguarding and transmitting the charism.
You can also find in the store the latest book published by the founding patrimony team where Jaime’s meditations and dialogues during some spiritual exercises in Siete Aguas are collected.